OMWA’s new board of directors
The Board of Directors of the Ontario Municipal Water Association (OMWA) are pleased to announce that at their Annual General Meeting held May 9, 2017 in Niagara Falls, the following slate of Directors was approved.
- Rosemary K MacLennan Municipality of Trent Hills
- Mark Howson Sault Ste. Marie PUC
- Peter Chilibeck Lakefront Utility Services Inc. (Cobourg)
- Lynn Dollin Town of Innisfil
- Doug Lawrance Town of Sioux Lookout
- Andy Bruziewicz City of Sarnia
- Patrick Merlihan Township of Woolwich
- Andrew Henry Lake Huron and Elgin Area Water
- Nick Benkovich City of Greater Sudbury (retired, 2018)
- Jim Keech Utilities Kingston
- Amy Martin City of Guelph
- John Thompson City of Barrie
- Susan MacFarlane Lambton Area Water Supply System
Also at the Annual General Meeting, Andrew Henry, who has been the OMWA President for the past three years, announced that he would be stepping down and will become our Past President.
Following the 2017 AGM the OMWA Board held a Meeting of the Directors and the following changes to board’s executive were made:
- President Andrew Henry (Manager, Lake Huron & Elgin Area Primary Water Supply Systems, London) stepped down after serving three years, and is now Past President;
- Vice President Rosemary Kelleher-MacLennan (Deputy Mayor, Municipality of Trent Hills) was elected President;
- Vice President Peter Chilibeck (Chair, Lakefront Utilities, Cobourg) is now Chairman of the Board;
- Board members John Thompson (manager of Water, Wastewater and Environmental Operations, City of Barrie) and Doug Lawrance (Mayor, Municipality of Sioux Lookout) were elected Vice-Presidents.