JOB POSTING #EWU-20-01-030
Journeyperson Or Apprentice Water Distribution Operator
(Max $33.98/Hr – Fully Qualified)
Reporting to the Supervisor, Water Distribution, the successful applicant for this position will be responsible for maintaining and operating the water distribution system in accordance with the Ministry of the Environment, Conservation and Parks (MOECP) specifications and stakeholder interests.
The duties include but are not limited to performing preventative maintenance and emergency repair activities on all appurtenances within the water distribution system; planning, initiating and tearing down traffic plans and devices in accordance with MTO, MOL, City of Windsor regulations and ENWIN policy; performing inspection on customer equipment and direction ensuring work is performed in accordance with ENWIN standards; troubleshooting and responding to customer complaints; commissioning new infrastructure; hot tapping of distribution system for the addition of new services, pressure stations and maintaining the water distribution system throughout the ENWIN network; troubleshooting and diagnostics on the water distribution network; water meter changes on ENWIN’s water distribution system completing all company required documentation accurately and submitting them in a timely manner.
The hours of work for this position are 7:30 am – 3:30 pm.
The successful applicant must possess the following qualifications:
- Successful completion of a Grade 12 diploma or equivalent.
- Water Distribution Subsystem Class 1 Certificate through MOECP is required to be fully qualified.
- Minimum 3 years of similar or related experience.
- Familiarity with Ontario Health and Safety Act and safe work practices.
- Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently as well as in a team environment.
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to operate tools, equipment and vehicles.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, GIS, water distribution sampling protocol and working with various methods of mobile technology.
- Valid Class “D” Ontario Driver’s Licence with a “Z” endorsement or the ability to obtain both within ninety (90) working days of appointment to the position.
The Water Distribution Operator position involves successful completion of an 8,000 hour apprenticeship program. The successful candidate will be expected to meet a minimum standard which includes successful attainment of the Water Distribution Subsystem Class 1 Certificate. Duties will become progressively greater with each phase of practical experience and training. Progression within the classification will depend on satisfactory performance on the job and successful completion of the Water Distribution Operator apprenticeship training objectives.
Qualified applicants may submit their resume to: Human Resources Department, 4545 Rhodes Drive, Windsor, Ontario, N8W 5T1 or email firstname.lastname@example.org up to and including Sunday May 31st, 2020. Please quote file EWU-20-01-030. Resumes submitted electronically will only be accepted in MS Word or PDF Format. Although all applications are appreciated, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
ENWIN Utilities Ltd. provides accommodation in accordance with applicable laws through all stages of the hiring process. If you require accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please advise the Human Resources Department.
ENWIN believes there is significant value in the diversity within our workforce and we are committed to continually enhancing and improving diversity and inclusion throughout our organization. As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage all qualified individuals to apply for employment opportunities and believe that strength flows from our individual differences and enables us to effectively serve our community.
|Job Category||Journeyperson or Apprentice, Journeyperson or Apprentice Water Distribution Operator|