The Corporation of the Town of New Tecumseth
Full Time Permanent, 40 hours per week: 2019-94
Reporting to the Supervisor, Operations – Water, this position will carry out locating procedures for all underground works associated with the Town’s infrastructure. This position will also perform water meter reading tasks and assist with the day to day work activities of the Water Operations as required.
- Grade 12 secondary school diploma required.
- OIT in Water Distribution.
- 2-Year post-secondary diploma in a related field would be an asset.
- Two (2) of experience performing duties related in locating buried infrastructure.
- Completed or willing to complete CSA Z462-Arc Flash & Shock Training.
- Demonstrated experience in an independent work environment with little direct supervision daily
- Demonstrated experience viewing and editing utility record information within ArcGIS geographical information systems
- Demonstrated experience using electronic “locate management system” such as Dig Smart for the completion of infrastructure locates.
- Must have Class G or Class D with endorsement license.
- Familiarity with construction drawings and site plans.
- Familiarity with utility locate administrative software such as Utilocate2.
- Familiarity with the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Interpersonal skills necessary in daily contacts with fellow workers and supervisory staff
- First Aid/CPR Training.
- Confined Space Entry and be able to pass the respirator fit test.
- Experience with water meter reading processes and equipment would be an asset.
The successful candidate must have the ability to align with established goals and objectives and is able to create/follow plans and processes accordingly to deliver task and goal completion to a high standard. The Town of New Tecumseth values progressive ideas and actions; the successful candidate will have proven ability to embrace change, be resourceful and to seek new ideas and creativity to maximize effectiveness to provide high quality citizen-centred services to our community.
Salary: $51,792.00 – $64,729.60
Please submit your cover letter and resume in Word or PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 4:30 pm on October 17, 2019. Please quote Job #2019-94 in the subject line of your email.
We thank you for your interest, however; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Information collected will be used solely for the purpose of candidate selection, in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information & Protection of Privacy Act
The Town of New Tecumseth is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes. If contacted for an interview, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.
For more information and a complete list of current employment opportunities, please visit our website at https://www.newtecumseth.ca/en/town-hall/job-postings.aspx