Water Distribution Operator, Woodstock
To be considered, applicants must possess the following minimum qualifications:
- Class I or Class II Certification in Water Distribution issued by the Ministry of the Environment. Class II preferred but will assess Class I candidates based on relevant experience.
- Plumbing or construction experience and ability to operate a variety of equipment used by the Water Distribution Department are definite assets
- Valid Class “DZ” driver’s license with good driving history
- Excellent organization, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent physical condition and ability to work in adverse weather conditions
- Willing to obtain a Class II and III Water Operator Certificates
- Inspection and maintenance of the City’s water distribution facilities and on-site material and equipment resources in accordance with required standards.
- Makes sure water is metered, where applicable and looks for any cross connections.
- Ensures new water service connection information is provided to the office for proper record keeping and for billing purposes.
- Makes repairs and maintains watermains, water services, valves, hydrants, water meters, electronic radio transmitters and backflow preventors, including checking for leaks and associated repairs.
- Prepares detailed notes and sketches of the system, interfacing with the Engineering Department record keeping system and maintains log books in accordance with Ministry of the Environment standards.
- Respond, follow up and resolve customer complaints and concerns in the distribution system. Deals with public concerns and problems related to water system quality and pressures.
- Follows Ministry of the Environment regulations and standards for drinking water systems, City and County guidelines and procedures and is accountable to the Department of Public Health and Emergency Services.
- Enforces water use by-laws as established by the County or City.
- Assists the Supervisor(s) with obtaining locates, permits, preparing traffic control plans, and notifying emergency services of road closures and loss of services.
- Prepares and distributes water shut-off notices in advance of planned shut downs, including making arrangements for an alternative water supply source.
- Uses computer diagnostic equipment to perform leak detection within the distribution system and to obtain water reads and troubleshoot water meter problems.
- Participates in on-call duties and responds to customer emergencies. Performs emergency work in a quick, safe manner to keep customers in service.
- Must be available for after hours work for planned overtime, emergencies and on-call duties. Class II Operators may, if requested by the Supervisor, act as Overall Responsibility Operator when Class III Operator(s) are unable to do so.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Rate of pay is Level 7 – $32.44 per hour as per Schedule “A” of the Collective Agreement. Hours of work will be assigned and may include evening and Saturday shifts.
Resumes and cover letters will be received online at http://careers.cityofwoodstock.ca no later than 4:00 p.m. April 30, 2020. A copy of the Job Description is available upon request.
The City of Woodstock is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
We thank all candidates who apply, but advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
|Job Category||Operator, Water distribution|