The Corporation of The County Of Prince Edward
Job Opportunity: Engineering, Development & Works, File #: 2019-69
Water Services Operator
The County of Prince Edward is an island community on the shores of Lake Ontario with a proud United Empire Loyalist heritage. Boasting beautiful beaches and a unique rural landscape, the County offers serene country living. Our strong agricultural roots, thriving tourism attractions, renowned regional cuisine, and growing wine industry combine to offer a unique and unmatched quality of life.
Our Human Resources Department is currently accepting applications for the position of Water Services Operator. Reporting to the Water Services Supervisor, the Operator provides direct operations and maintenance of all Prince Edward County’s Water Treatment Facilities and Distribution Systems to support all legislated requirements.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Ontario Ministry of Environment Certificates of Competency in the following:
- Class III Water Treatment • Class II Water Distribution
- Completion of Ontario Secondary School Diploma, and completion of postsecondary education in a related field
- Experience in performing industrial maintenance and troubleshooting on instrumentation and electrical equipment, and mechanical and plumbing systems
- Ability to complete tasks involving heavy pushing, pulling and lifting on a regular basis and work in an uncontrolled environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, SCADA systems, and other related operating database applications
- Valid ‘G’ Driver’s Licence
The current hourly rate of pay for this position is $28.24 to $29.58 per hour, as per Band 9 of CUPE Local 2275’s Collective Agreement. Further compensation is provided for increased licensing levels. Compensation also includes a comprehensive benefit package and membership in OMERS. Please direct your cover letter and resume prior to 4:00 pm on January 22, 2020 to email@example.com.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We are an equal opportunity employer and support applicants with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request throughout the recruitment process. Please email your request or call (613) 476-2148 ext. 1042.
The personal information being collected will be used in accordance with The Municipal Act and The Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and shall only be used in the selection of a suitable candidate.
|Job Category||Operator, Water Services|