ENWIN Utilities Ltd. is currently accepting applications for the position of:
Reporting to the Director Water Engineering, the successful applicant will be responsible to design, organize, monitor, measure and coordinate entire water division capital projects including estimating cost and creation of tendering documents to be approved by the Director Water Engineering.
The duties include but are not limited to: managing and overseeing a portfolio of complex and varying capital projects as well as analysis and design of mechanical, electrical and communication systems specs for water distribution and water production; managing entire projects including planning, forecasting of project timelines, estimating project costs and completing tendering processes; monitoring and providing direction to staff, contractors and consultants for project implementation and reporting back to all stakeholders on status of projects; assisting the Director Water Engineering in the development and maintenance of the Capital 5 year plan; coordinating with City of Windsor officials to collaborate on projects and maintaining awareness of activities and implications to the water system; calculating water treatment plant and distribution system performance and analyzing performance data with the Director Water Engineering to plan for future maintenance and upgrades; providing advice to Senior Management and consultants as necessary for various mechanical, civil and electrical systems for the maintenance of the water treatment and distribution system.
The successful applicant must have the following skills and competencies:
- University degree in Engineering.
- Professional Engineer designation in good standing with PEO or working toward obtaining P.Eng (EIT status).
- Minimum of five (5) years similar experience.
- Knowledge of water system design, technology and contract preparation.
- Working knowledge of Water Distribution Systems and the Safe Water Drinking Act and regulations.
- Working knowledge of construction and safe work practices including all applicable legislation (OHSA, IHSA, and all relevant rules & regulations).
- Strong project management, organizational and problem solving skills.
- Proficient in computer systems, networks, SCADA systems and electrical design for remote data collection. Experience working with a variety of computer systems (MS Office, AutoCAD, SAP, EnStar, GIS mapping).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Experience working in a unionized environment considered an asset.
Salary Range for Qualified Candidates: $107,211 – $119,123
Qualified applicants may submit their resume to the Human Resources department of ENWIN Utilities Ltd., or firstname.lastname@example.org up to and including Sunday, February 16, 2020. Please quote File #EWU-20-01-003 on application. Resumes submitted electronically will only be accepted in MS Word or PDF Format. Although all applications are appreciated, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
ENWIN Utilities Ltd.
787 Ouellette Avenue
Windsor, Ontario N9A 5T7
ENWIN believes there is significant value in the diversity within our workforce and we are committed to continually enhancing and improving diversity and inclusion throughout our organization. As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage all qualified individuals to apply for employment opportunities and believe that strength flows from our individual differences and enables us to effectively serve our community.
ENWIN Utilities Ltd. provides accommodation in accordance with applicable laws through all stages of the hiring process. If you require accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please advise the Human Resources Department.
|Job Category||Engineer, Water Systems|